20090720

Anatomy



 
BRS Anatomy

  • "I really think highly of most of the books in the BRS series. This book was an exception. I even thought BRS pharmacology was pretty good despite others having mixed feelings about it. This book is by far the WORST in the BRS series."
  • "Compared to the other BRS books that I have read, the Gross Anatomy one is way too dense."
  • "This is an amazing book. It's easy to understand and contains nothing but relevant information. Wonderful for the USMLE. This book is considered "the Bible" for many medical students."
  • "Awesome for the course, not as good for USMLE."
  • Very, very long. I used it a lot for class, but as I am studying now for usmle, I cannot imagine all these details are necessary."
High Yield Gross Anatomy
  • "I read this book for prep for usmle 1...read the clinical scenarios they will prove more useful than memorizing wat nerve innervates wat....overall...useless book for boards...FA covered about 80-90% Of the anatomy questions...this book is overkill..."
  • “Covers what is missing in First Aid”
  • “Thought I could do it but made me way too miserable. I stuck with First Aid and qbank only.”
  • "This is great for Step I. First Aid, which is overall an outstanding review, is weak on anatomy and neuro; this book fills in the gaps."
  • “Useful if you have the time, but anatomy questions make up a small portion of the exam (be sure you know the innervation of the hand, though!). Perhaps a better resource would be to just read the Blue boxes throughout Moore Clinical Anatomy.”
  • “Flipped through it. Nothing relevant to say.”